Board of Education
The board meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m.in the board room at George Daily Auditorium. The board may meet at other times as determined by the board.
Shelly Herr - President
Sharma Parlett - Vice President
Chad Vink - Board Secretary/Treasurer/Business Manager
OSKALOOSA COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
October 11, 2016
Goal Focus for 2016-2017
- Close the 2015/16 gap by at least half where OCSD scores are below the state or national average percentage of students proficient during the 2016/17 school year in the areas of Reading and Math as measured by the following:
Grades 3-10 Iowa Assessments State Average
MAP (NWEA score) National Average
Grades K-2 FAST Spring 80% in tier 1 (proficient with core instruction)
Additionally, begin collecting data on percentage of students achieving at least 1-year growth to use for 17/18 measure.
- Improve School Culture for all staff and students.
- Conduct a survey of students, staff, and parents to measure culture.
- Develop an action plan based on survey results.
- Decrease office referrals and increase integrity and attendance through PBIS.
- Investigate therapy or emotional support animals for the lower grades.
- Be at or above state average on Iowa Assessments Score, above National Average on MAP (Measure of Academic Progress) Measures, and achieve 80% in Tier 1 of Aimsweb measures in Math and Reading.
- Improve solvency ratio to 10% by 2020.
- Improve Spending Authority to $4 million by 2019.
Long Term Planning
- Provide and keep up to date data on enrollment trends (5, 10, 20 years).
- Look into Sharing Agreements with other Schools & Municipalities.
- Continue integration and implementation of technology into classroom instruction/curriculum at all levels.
- Improve staff and student morale.
- Keep teachers and staff involved in changes.
- Reassess the district’s 5-year facilities plan based on future enrollment projections.
- Investigate participation in a possible new Early Childhood facility in the community.
Community District Relationships
- Encourage Board of Education members to visit classrooms, building events, and District activities.
Board Professional development
- Attend the Annual IASB State Convention and two (2) IASB meetings per year.
The Board designates that the Superintendent and Administration will lead on achieving the above goals.