Effective Grading Committee
In March the DAC committee, along with additional teachers, parents, board members, and administrators began the research and discussion around effective grading practices. This team will continue to meet and make recommendations to the board of education to ensure we are using effective grading practices for all our students. These meetings are open to the public for observation. Please see a list of meeting dates, times, and locations below.
Purposes of the Effective Grading Committee
- Research and understand best practices in grading and assessment.
- Revisit current district guidance and make revisions based on research.
- Determine professional learning needs of stakeholders around best practices.
- Determine timeline for professional learning and implementation of any changes.
Tentative Timeline of Committee Work
Grading Purpose Statement
The purpose of grading is two-fold:
- Provide specific, quality, and timely feedback to parents and students
- Use data to make instructional decisions to ensure student achievement
Meeting Agendas and Materials
|March 27. 2018|
|April 24, 2018|
|May 22, 2018|
|August 27, 2018|
|September 25, 2018|
|November 27, 2018|
Upcoming Meeting Dates
All meetings will be held from 3:45-5:45pm in the Board Room at the George Daily Auditorium
- January 22, 2019
- February 26, 2019
- March 26, 2019
- April 23, 2019
- May 28, 2019