Technology Loan Agreement
Oskaloosa Middle School and High School
Technology Loan Agreement
Parent Responsibilities and Terms
Your child has been loaned a Chromebook to improve and personalize his/her education this year. It is essential that the Oskaloosa Community Schools Acceptable Use Policy be followed to ensure the safe, efficient and ethical operation of the district’s computer.
In order for your child to use the Chromebook in class and to take it home, you must be willing to accept the following terms and responsibilities and have paid the general registration fee:
· Will read the Acceptable Use Policy and discuss it with my child. (On the Policies page, under District on our web page.)
· Will supervise my child’s use of the Chromebook at home.
· Will instruct my child to keep the Chromebook in a secure location when not in use in class.
· Will make sure my child brings the Chromebook to school.
· Will discuss appropriate use of the Internet and supervise my child’s use of the Internet.
· Will not attempt to repair the Chromebook, or have it repaired through a private service.
· Will report any problems or damage to the Chromebook to the Technology Help Desk
· Will not change or attempt to change the configuration of software or hardware.
· Will not download or attempt to install any programs or files from the Internet or other sources that are not approved
through the Oskaloosa Schools webstore.
· Will not remove any program or files on the Chromebook except personal documents of my child.
· I agree to make sure that the Chromebook is returned to the school when requested and upon my son’s/daughter’s withdrawal
from Oskaloosa Community Schools.
Student Responsibilities and Terms
Your Chromebook should be used for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. In order to use the Chromebook in class and to take it home, you must be willing to accept the following terms and responsibilities:
· Will read the Acceptable Use Policy and discuss it with my parents/ guardian
· Will adhere to the terms of the Acceptable Use Policy each time the Chromebook is used, at home or at school.
· Will recharge the Chromebook nightly and begin the school day with a fully charged battery
· Will leave the Chromebook in its assigned protective case at all times.
· Will not use the Chromebook when on the bus or other school transportation.
· Will make the Chromebook available for inspection by an administrator or other staff member upon request.
· Will use appropriate language in all communications.
· Will abide by copyright laws.
· Will not use or attempt to use another student’s assigned hardware, subscriptions, logins, files, or personal information.
· Will not give out personal information, such as name, address, photo, or other identifying information online, including
username and password.
· Will report loss/theft of the Chromebook to parents, school and proper authorities (police) within 24 hours.
· Will not use the Chromebook to record (audio/visual) others without their permission.
· Will not download or attempt to install any programs or files from the Internet or other sources that are not approved through
the Oskaloosa Schools webstore.
· Will not change or attempt to change the configuration of, install, or remove software or hardware.
· Will report all problems and damage immediately to the Technology Help Desk.
· Will not remove or attempt to remove identification tags on the Chromebook and power supply or deface with stickers, marking
These responsibilities and terms are in addition to the Acceptable Use Policy and may not be limited to the examples listed above. Any behavior deemed as inappropriate use may be handled under administrative judgment.
Failure to abide by the above guidelines may result in the student losing the privilege of using the Chromebook.
One Chromebook, charger and bag are being lent to the Student and are in good working order. It is the student’s responsibility to care for the equipment and insure that it is retained in a safe environment.
This equipment is, and at all time remains, the property of Oskaloosa Community School District, and is herewith lent to the Student for educational purposes only for the academic year.
Damages that are not covered under warranty or due to negligence, will be charged to the student and must be paid for or arrangements made to pay, within 10 days of receipt of letter, or the device may be limited to school use only.
• First Damage – up to $75
• Second Damage – up to $150
• Third Damage – full cost of repair
If the Chromebook is lost or stolen, the student and parent are responsible for the full replacement cost.
As the Parent/Guardian, I have read and understand the terms stated above: YES NO
If you do not want the Chromebook to go home with the student, please contact the building administrator to let them know and advise your student to check it in with the tech center after school for charging.
Student Name: _________________________________________ Student Grade: _____________
I understand that an electronic signature has the same legal effect and can be enforced in the same way as a written signature.
Parent/Guardian Signature: ______________________________________ Date: ________________